Government Funding for Social Housing Associations
(Help to Heat Scheme)
Greenvision Energy is an expert in smart storage heaters and we can help your social housing association to access government funding to install these super energy efficient heaters in your housing stock.
We have secured funding, supplied and installed these heaters for social housing associations including the Guinness Partnership, Nottingham Community Housing Association, Boston Mayflower and many more.
By partnering with Greenvision Energy, these social housing associations also benefited from our Tariff and Benefit Services (TABS) (click for more information). We believe this service is one of the most important parts of our programme because it saves tenants £100s per year as we ensure they are on the right tariff for their heating.
Our expertise means we have been awarded a contract by National Energy Action (NEA) called “Health and Innovation Programme”. This programme involved installing smart storage heaters and several other energy saving technologies for the Nottingham Community Housing Association’s vulnerable fuel-poor tenants (click for more information).
What are smart storage heaters?
Smart storage heaters take advantage of low rate off-peak electricity like a traditional storage heater but crucially they can release the stored energy at preset times and temperatures. This is possible because the stored heat is encased in a highly insulated compartment.
A sophisticated self-learning algorithm is able to decide on how long to charge the storage heater for depending on your tenant’s lifestyle and weather conditions. They are up to 27% cheaper to run than a standard storage heater and 47% cheaper to run than an electric convector heater. A boost option is available for unexpected heat demands.
One of the best smart storage heaters on the market is the Dimplex Quantum Storage Heater and Greenvision Energy installs this brand for our social housing association projects.
How will they improve my SAP and EPC rating?
The Dimplex Quantum Storage Heater is government approved (BEAB), which means they will increase SAP and EPC ratings, and reduce significantly tenants’ energy bills. Even if your housing association is replacing just one old storage heater, your housing will still benefit from improved SAP and EPC ratings.
These Dimplex heaters come with a 10-year warranty for complete peace of mind. They are very easy and hassle free to install, with a whole house taking no longer than one day.
We assisted the Boston Mayflower Housing Association with the installation of the Dimplex Quantum Storage Heaters in their housing stock - click here for our Boston Mayflower case study. For a free trial of the Dimplex Quantum Storage Heater, call 0115 854 7498 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Affordable Warmth Scheme
If your social housing association’s tenants are on selected state benefits, they could be entitled to a government grant – the Affordable Warmth Scheme – to replace their old storage heaters for new heaters such as the Dimplex Quantum Storage Heater.
Greenvision Energy can help your tenants to apply for this valuable funding. We can take them through the Affordable Warmth Scheme application process from start to finish and provide your social housing association with an important service.
Dimplex Towel Rails
The benefits of smart storage heaters for housing providers
- BEAB approved and recognised by SAP (this will improve your SAP rating).
- A complete central heating solution for replacement of old storage heaters in off-gas properties. Low energy smart hot water cylinder option also available.
- Lower installation costs – a house can be completely installed within one day. Also, zero maintenance costs and 10-year guarantee.
- Covers previous ‘fixing marks’ of most comparably sized traditional storage heaters.
- Compatible with solar PV.
- Health benefits for tenants to encourage long term tenancy.
- Less issues with condensation because tenant can afford to heat more rooms.
The benefits of smart storage heaters for tenants
- Up to 27% cheaper to run than a standard storage heater.
- Fully controllable - each room can be set with different times and temperatures to suit different lifestyles.
- Easy to use controls and heat on demand.
- Intelligent brain – learns heating patterns (uses Economy 7 and 10).
- Attractive, state-of-the-art compact design (no deeper than a double wet radiator).
- Quality heat – less condensation, more comfort, improved health benefits.
Request a FREE QuoteSubmit
0115 854 7498
Why choose Greenvision Energy?
• We are approved Dimplex installers which means you will receive expert advice and an extra year’s guarantee. Also free trials are available on Dimplex Quantum Storage Heaters and other energy saving technologies.
• Tenants receive a Free Tariff and Benefits Services (TABS) check. We will make sure they are on the right tariff and getting the best deal from their energy provider, saving them £100s per year. And we will ensure they are receiving the relevant benefits such as the Warm Home Discount and Winter Fuel Allowance.
• Tenants will receive consolidation packs that includes forms showing radiator room settings - preset times and temperatures, training on how to operate their new heating system, operational manuals and a guide on ways to save energy.
• We subscribe to a multi-measured approach to reduce energy consumption and fuel poverty. We offer a one-stop shop: survey, funding, installation, project management, education and procurement. We carry out energy audits and EPCs to identify the best funding solutions for installing energy efficient measures to your properties that give you best return on investment.
• Smart meters and energy monitoring. Greenvision Energy has a range of smart meters and monitoring equipment to help you monitor and evaluate new technologies for energy efficiency, temperature and humidity.