About the Herschel Thermodry Range
The ThermoDry is a portable heater designed for applications such as flood recovery, environment control of buildings and construction finishing processes requiring the application of steady, non-scorching, radiant heat. The unit is also ideal for semi open-air venues such as marquees, where it emits steady heat without the fumes, safety and cost implications of gas blowers popularly used in public events.
The ThermoDry consists of 4 high-emission ceramic heating elements mounted in a directional, reflective unit within a stainless steel chassis incorporating a trolley and handle for easy manoeuvring. Infrared heat is emitted from the hot surface of the ceramic heaters and warms items it touches, without heating the air in between. As soon as the heater is switched on the ceramic elements start to warm up and full operating temperature is achieved in 6-7 minutes.
The ThermoDry is unequalled in this class of portable, high-emission heaters:
- All energy input is emitted as heat. There is no forced convection (which you would experience from a gas heater) and there is no light (which you would experience from a quartz/halogen heater);
- The heat is non-scorching (which you would experience from a Quartz/Halogen solution);
- This is the only heater in its class you can leave unattended (untrue for Gas and Quartz/Halogen);
- Power consumption is the lowest in its class (beating Gas and Quartz Halogen);
- Ceramic emitters are the most reliable on the market. We guarantee the units for 5 years and life-expectancy of emitters can be as long as 10 years. There is no annual maintenance (required for Gas) or replacement of quartz / halogen bulbs (often required every 6 months or so).
All these factors make the ThermoDry a more cost-effective, reliable and safer option than any other heater in its category to operate in public places or to leave running un-attended.
The ThermoDry has been designed specifically for flood recovery and other applications such as building environment control and construction finishing processes where the application of steady, non-scorching, radiant heat is required.
Radiant heat – as opposed to convection heating – lifts moisture away cleanly from a surface – requiring only light extraction by a fan or de-humidifier for removal of the evaporated moisture. The job of circulating air in these applications is not to carry heat, but to remove evaporated moisture.
The ThermoDry ensures deep drying of materials occurs and prevents “surface skinning” – which is often created by other forms of dryer unit. Excessive fast surface heating created by other types of solution may seem more effective at first, but it actually causes a skin to form preventing deeper drying of the material and prolonging the negative effects of the existing damp including delapidation and odour.
In certain drying applications – such as drying of clay or plaster – it is indeed inadvisable to use fiercer “short wave” drying (Gas-fired Infrared or Halogen) as under such intense heat, these materials can “bubble” or even explode as result of the entrapment of the water under the skin of the material becoming super-heated and unable to escape. The advantage of using Far Infrared is that it ensures more even, deeper drying of materials without intense heat and it is also therefore the safest un-attended solution on the market.
Why is Far Infrared more effective than convection heat (i.e. a gas blower)?
- Infrared heats the material surface and not the surrounding air;
- Far Infrared units offer far greater control accuracy and faster response to control changes in the material being heated;
- Far Infrared units offer far greater control of the zone to be heated. Convection units cannot be controlled accurately this way;
Why is Far Infrared more effective than Shortwave heat (i.e. a halogen or quartz lamp)?
- Far Infrared eliminates the risk of surface skinning; bubbling or “explosion” and therefore dries deeper;
- Far Infrared Emits no light: all the energy is converted into heat;
- Water absorbs heat specifically well at 3 microns – ThermoDry’s peak wavelength. Hotter heaters peak in shorter wavelengths consuming more energy. ThermoDry implies lower wattage for a better job;
- Far Infrared emitters are guaranteed up to 5 years and can last up to twice that time; Shortwave lamps are rarely guaranteed longer than a year and rarely last longer than 18 months;
In practical terms far infrared units offer these additional advantages:
- Floor space savings;
- No fumes, so no health and safety issues (or planning issues if installation is semi-permanent);
- Lower maintenance;
- Lower capital expense and
- Lower installation cost – all you require is an electric socket.
Why Use Infrared Heating?1) HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATING IS 100% NATURAL FOR OUR BODIES AND OUR WELL-BEING.
The human body is designed to accept and to emit infrared waves. Far Infrared heating works on the basis of gentle, long-wave Infrared which penetrates the air and heats solids. If you like the warmth of the sun then you will love the feeling you get from your new infrared heating system.2 HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATING DOES NOT HEAT AIR BUT THE FABRIC OF THE BUILDING
It is different to more traditional heating systems that just heat the air. The fabric of the building can retain heat for longer, creating better thermal comfort, so your property will not only be warmer and cosier, there will be less dust, and for asthma and allergy sufferers, less pollutants to breathe in.3 LESS DAMP AND MOULD BECAUSE HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATING WARMS WALLS AND KEEPS THEM DRY.
This will mean there is no damp or mould to ruin your decorations and all of the room will reach the same temperature.4 GREATLY REDUCED ENERGY USE.
Experience shows that a sufficiently insulated building fitted with infrared systems and controls can expect significant reductions in energy usage.5 HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATERS REQUIRE NO MAINTENANCE OR SERVICING.
Almost 100% of the electrical energy used by Infrared heaters is converted into heat. Our Infrared systems offer owners an unprecedented level of control over their property’s temperature and energy use, and offer higher thermal comfort levels. Compared with other gas oil or electric solutions, Infrared heating saves between 30 – 60% of the annual energy usage.
Our heaters use solid state elements unlike water-based heating or fan-assisted systems, which often require servicing, inspection and repair costs. Herschel Infrared heaters and control products are certified to national safety standards.6 HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATING IS COMPLETELY FREE OF ALL CARBON EMISSIONS.
When used with electricity produced either by wind or solar generated electrical energy, is one of the only heating systems that can truly claim to be 100% carbon free.
An Introduction to Hershel Infrared Heating
Why buy from Greenvision Energy?
We are Green Deal Providers and specialise in cost-effective ways to reduce your energy bills and carbon footprint by installing energy efficient measures to homeowners, tenants, commercial clients and trade partners. Our aim has always been to offer comprehensive solutions and to satisfy customers through expert advice, detailed product knowledge, fantastic value and the very highest levels of service. We pride ourselves on our levels of service and our number one objective is to save customers money!
SKU HT-2600W Brands Hershel Dimensions Hershel 120 x 51 Hershel Range IR Power 2600 W