About the Herschel Advantage IR 2 Range
The Herschel Advantage IR 2 consists of 2 high-emission ceramic heating elements mounted in a directional, reflective unit. It is designed to gently warm people indoors using infrared radiated heat. Infrared heat is emitted from the hot surface of the ceramic heaters and warms the body directly without heating the air in between. As soon as the heater is switched on the ceramic elements start to warm up and full operating temperature is achieved in less than 10 minutes. As the energy produced is all in the low medium to far infrared region (not visible), there is no light emitted from the heater, but elements can produce a very faint orange glow.The Herschel Advantage IR2 must be located in a position to allow for proper and efficient use but one that ensures hot parts are not touched accidentally. The recommended height for the mounting is 2.3m to 2.5m (90”-98”) from ground level, with the heaters angled down at 60 degrees. The Herschel Advantage IR2 MUST NOT be installed at a height of less than 2.3m (90”). Consideration should be given to any temporary or occasional additions such as stages or platforms, and the height should be adjusted accordingly. The Herschel Advantage IR2 should be firmly and permanently attached to the wall.
The Herschel Advantage IR Heater is an ideal workspace heater for Industrial and Workshop applications. This wall-mounted unit is designed for spaces with walls giving adequate clearance from the ground (2.3 – 2.5m) and from the ceiling above (minimum 0.3m). With power output of1300 watts, these low watt-density heaters are optimised to provide far greater levels of comfort than hot air or gas-burning “space ray” type heating systems or other forms of electric heating often used in these environments. There are additional benefits:
- As there are no exhaust emissions there is no requirement for planning;
- They operate silently and without fumes – consequently raising no health and safety issues;
- Installation is much cheaper than oil or gas alternatives – all you require is electric cable;
- No maintenance. You do not have to maintain an infrared heater once installed;
- You can “focus” the heat exactly to where you want it – because there is no convection of heat, none is wasted blowing into areas it is not wanted;
- Far Infrared has been shown to have positive effects on metabolism, being the waveband at which water (80% constituent of skin) most effectively absorbs heat.
Space heating can be used anywhere there is a requirement to heat a large volume and where the heaters themselves can be placed well out of reach. So workplaces like workshops, industrial or commercial units, warehouses etc make ideal locations for heaters of this sort.
Why Use Infrared Heating?
1) HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATING IS 100% NATURAL FOR OUR BODIES AND OUR WELL-BEING.
The human body is designed to accept and to emit infrared waves. Far Infrared heating works on the basis of gentle, long-wave Infrared which penetrates the air and heats solids. If you like the warmth of the sun then you will love the feeling you get from your new infrared heating system.
2 HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATING DOES NOT HEAT AIR BUT THE FABRIC OF THE BUILDING
It is different to more traditional heating systems that just heat the air. The fabric of the building can retain heat for longer, creating better thermal comfort, so your property will not only be warmer and cosier, there will be less dust, and for asthma and allergy sufferers, less pollutants to breathe in.
3 LESS DAMP AND MOULD BECAUSE HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATING WARMS WALLS AND KEEPS THEM DRY.
This will mean there is no damp or mould to ruin your decorations and all of the room will reach the same temperature.
4 GREATLY REDUCED ENERGY USE.
Experience shows that a sufficiently insulated building fitted with infrared systems and controls can expect significant reductions in energy usage.
Almost 100% of the electrical energy used by Infrared heaters is converted into heat. Our Infrared systems offer owners an unprecedented level of control over their property’s temperature and energy use, and offer higher thermal comfort levels. Compared with other gas oil or electric solutions, Infrared heating saves between 30 – 60% of the annual energy usage.
5 HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATERS REQUIRE NO MAINTENANCE OR SERVICING.
Our heaters use solid state elements unlike water-based heating or fan-assisted systems, which often require servicing, inspection and repair costs. Herschel Infrared heaters and control products are certified to national safety standards.
6 HERSCHEL FAR INFRARED HEATING IS COMPLETELY FREE OF ALL CARBON EMISSIONS.
When used with electricity produced either by wind or solar generated electrical energy, is one of the only heating systems that can truly claim to be 100% carbon free.
An Introduction to Hershel Infrared Heating
Why buy from Greenvision Energy?• Our price promise guarantee. We will beat any like for like quote. • Free next day delivery. (Order before 4.00pm.)
• Approved stockist, supplier & installer. Get the best special offers and guarantees.
• Supply & fit service. Sit back & relax with our professional installation service.
• Free advice & specification service. If you are not sure of which size you need, just ask us any questions.
• Free Tariff Check. We will make sure you are on the best tariff for your new heating system, saving you £100s per year.
• Free energy efficiency advice. We are Green Deal Providers which means we are authorised by the government to install energy efficient measures.
SKU IR2-1300B Brands Hershel Body Colour Black depth 100mm height 100mm Hershel Range IR Power 1300 W width 510mm Warranty 5 Years Weight 3.4kg IP Rating IPX4 Fixings Wall Bracket