Internal Wall Insulation
What is internal wall insulation (IWI)?
Internal wall insulation is simply insulation installed to your internal walls. Rigid insulation boards are around 2 ½ - 4 inches thick, and made of plasterboard backed with insulation material, usually foamed plastic. They’re normally fixed on to the wall with ribbons of plastic or adhesive, or fitted to battens if the walls are lumpy and uneven. The installer will then add extra fixings to hold the boards firm, and seal the joints between the boards.
What are the benefits of internal wall insulation (IWI)?
- It’s usually less expensive than external insulation
- It’s easier to install, and there’s no need for scaffolding
- It won’t change the outer appearance or character of your home, so it’s more suitable for visually attractive buildings and period properties
- It’s also more suitable for flats and maisonettes, as you can hardly use external insulation for just one unit in a block
- It can also be acceptable for buildings in Conservation Areas where there are often strict rules about the kind of changes you can make to the outside appearance of your home
Affordable Warmth (Help to Heat) is a government-backed scheme to help people reduce their energy bills . As approved installers, we'll help you benefit with complete peace of mind
What can I save?
You can save up to £450 per year and increase the value and EPC rating of your home.
Contact Us to arrange a free survey