Voltage optimisation can achieve significant energy savings and also extend the life of electrical equipment. This is because voltage supplied from the National Grid into homes and businesses (average 240V) is higher than that required by most electrical appliances (220V). This excessive voltage results in electricity bills that are higher than they need to be and means that appliances are overpowered and at risk of overheating.
By taking thousands of measurements per second, voltage optimisation units continually adjust the voltage from its source of supply to reduce it to the voltage that electrical equipment needs to operate efficiently. This eliminates excess voltage and reduces the associated energy consumption and costs as well as reducing the risk of equipment becoming overpowered and overheated.
The savings can be significant as voltage optimisation can cut electricity bills by up to 15% while savings can also be realised through lower maintenance costs on electrical equipment. As a simple solution, voltage optimisation units can be installed quickly and easily; our qualified installation team can connect the units between your supplier’s fuses and your distribution board in approximately 60 minutes.
How does voltage optimisation work?
- The voltage optimisation units simply connect between your meter and your distribution board.
- They will then intelligently optimise the voltage supply to all your electrical appliances in your property.
- Typically the incoming voltage to your property will vary between 216V and 253V as agreed with the current European legislation.
- All domestic electrical equipment is designed to work within a range of 207V and 253V. But critically the optimum and most efficient supply voltage for these appliances is 220V.
What are the benefits of voltage optimisation?
- When you optimise the voltage to your property you immediately benefit from energy saving because you are reducing waste in the form of heat and vibration.
- Savings for a typical house could be between 5% and 14%.
- By using less energy you will directly reduce the amount of carbon emissions you produce i.e. your carbon footprint, thus helping save the environment.
- Saves you money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your electrical appliances will last longer and all units are maintenance free.
Find out moreSubmit
0115 854 7498
Need an installer?
Use our supply and fit service, and receive an extra year's guaranteeFind out more
• Buy and install with confidence with Greenvision Energy's installation service.
• We can manage every aspect of your installation.
• We will even check that you are on the right tariff and you will get an extra year's guarantee. We take away the hassle.
Get the best prices on all the leading products....
No Upfront Costs
Interest-free loans and low rate-finance options.
Reduce your installation cost with grant funding.
We can arrange installation of all the products we supply.