Toggle Nav

Free support call:

0115 854 7498

Shopping Cart
  • Menu
  • Setting

Domestic Energy Performance Certificates

energy rating chart thing

All domestic and commercial buildings available to buy or rent in the UK must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). If you own a home, getting an energy performance survey done could help you identify ways to save money on your energy bills. The EPC will also state what your energy efficiency rating could be if improvements are made, and highlights cost-effective ways to achieve a better rating. Even if you rent your home, some improvements noted on the EPC might be worth your while - such as switching to more energy-efficient light bulbs. Once produced, EPCs are valid for ten years.

Why get an EPC?

If you're considering selling or renting out a domestic property or commercial building, an EPC needs to be available to potential buyers as soon as you start to market your property for sale or rent. This EPC must be produced by an approved Domestic Energy Assessor. If you already own your home, getting an EPC produced can help you identify ways to improve the energy efficiency of your property. As EPCs are valid for ten years, you will then have an accurate EPC ready if you decide to sell or rent within this period (unless you improve your home subsequently, in which case you may wish to get a fresh EPC done to include those improvements).

Benefits of obtaining your EPC from Greenvision energy

Greenvision can help you navigate through the complex energy saving options available and will take you through your EPC once completed. Our assessors are fully qualified, accredited and insured and we guarantee that your EPC will be delivered to you within 24 hours of your appointment. We also offer advice on green energy solutions to those who need additional help, such as landlords, since landlords may not be able to rent their properties out if their EPC rating is below a Band “F”. Click here to find out about new legislation for rented properties (2016).

EPCs for Feed-in Tariffs & Renewable Heat Incentive

From the 1st April 2012, customers in England, Wales and Scotland wishing to get payments under the government’s Feed-in Tariff (FIT) & Renewable Heat Incentive(RHI) for renewable energy solutions, like solar PV or biomass, will need to be able to prove that their home has an EPC rating of Band D or above. You will herefore need to be able to produce your existing EPC (as long as it is less than ten years old) or obtain a new one. If property is below Band D, Greenvision can give you expert advice on how to improve your Energy Performance Certificate.